[Debian-med-packaging] Requests for Sponsorship/upload (libzstd)

Kevin Murray kdmfoss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 01:05:13 UTC 2016

Hi Mattia,

On 11:37 13/11, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> Alright, I added a changelog entry for this change too, `dch -rm`, and
> uploaded.

Thanks heaps!

> I notice now there is another upstream release already, please address
> these things in it:

New version has been pushed. Had some issues addressing the below:

> P: libzstd source: debian-control-has-unusual-field-spacing line 5

Fixed.

> I: libzstd source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "section" in package libzstd1

This has confused me for ages. Removing this duplicate section field leads to
the following during build:

  E: line [Section: libs] not found in debian/control section for libzstd1
  Error occurred, aborting
  debian/rules:19: recipe for target 'override_dh_install' failed
  make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/libzstd-1.1.1'
  debian/rules:12: recipe for target 'binary' failed
  make: *** [binary] Error 2
  dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
  I: copying local configuration
  E: Failed autobuilding of package

Removing `Section: libs` from the source package stanza at the top of d/control
leads to the following lintian error:

  W: libzstd source: no-section-field-for-source

What precise action is required?

> And, the suggestions reported by the Multi-Arch hinter (you can see them
> in tracker.debian.org)

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense, but I couldn't see any Multi-arch related
actions required at tracker.debian.org. I do see some failures on buildd. I've
added a patch for hppa, but the hurd-i386 build failure is puzzling. It seems
that the build is killed, possibly due to memory usage?

Cheers,
Kevin

---
Kevin Murray