[Debian-med-packaging] thanks and cdbs-dh-conversion (Was: Re: RFS: gwyddion 2.47-1 (in Debian Med SVN))

Jan Beyer jan at beathovn.de
Thu Nov 24 20:45:15 UTC 2016

Dear Andreas,

thank you very much for uploading!

Am 23.11.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Fine.  I have a further remark - which you can feel free to ignore since
> I do not want to put my preferences on other DDs.  However, I recently
> decided to not sponsor packages that are using cdbs.  The rationale is
> that I personally do not understand how cdbs works if some tweaks are
> needed and the documentation is either to sparse or to well hidden to
> find any solution.  Since dh-r exists I'm migrating all packages I need
> to touch to debhelper and thus get rid of cdbs fully.  This does not
> mean that I will not upload gwyddion once pbuilder becomes usable again
> but I would like you to consider switching to dh as well in the future.
Though I remember vaguely having seen this discussion some time ago and I
also understand and accept your reasoning (besides that dh-r seems to only
work with R packages), I am afraid, that my skills / time budget will not
allow this conversion in the near future. I had a look at this a couple of
months ago, but I couldn't find out how to translate the particularities of
the current rules file to the dh format, so I stopped again. Maybe it's
actually straightforward (if somebody has experience with this, I would
definitely welcome any help on this!), but as long as it continues to work,
I will probably not bother converting it.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help with uploading and also the push
to fix the Lintian warnings!

Best regards,
Jan

--
Jan Beyer				happy Debian Maintainer	;-)

mail	jan at beathovn.de			GPG key ID 0xC6D815D8
jabber	beathovn at jabber.org
web	http://www.beathovn.de/