[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Sat Oct 1 10:12:39 UTC 2016

Thank you for your answer Mattia !

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:27:04PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> Although a bit later than I planned, I am working on packaging the latest
>> camitk version and removing the RC bug #836990 [1].
>> It seems that gbp was really much my friend, Andreas, you were right once
>> again!
>
> Oh, looks like this is a package I touched :)

Which is a good and very appreciated thing!

>> I am not sure I did the right thing for the tags (please let me know).
>
> looks so, yes.  Though you didn't push the upstream branch, nor
> pristine-tar, please push those too.

I just pushed the upstream branch, but I don't have any pristine-tar
locally. How can I fix this?

>> It seems that everything is working alright now apart from some lintian
>> errors when I run:
>> lintian camitk_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes
>>
>> I got the following warnings:
>> W: libqtpropertybrowser4-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols
>> usr/lib/debug/.build-id/91/1d4f921b422722c4cf8434c5871e1262be4a9d.debug
>> W: libcamitk-dev-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols
>> usr/lib/debug/.build-id/b0/2acef59f738ea491379288279915c713a3aeb9.debug
>
> Those are usually due to the building not using -g, or for the file
> being stripped before dh_strip can do it (and put the debugging info
> into the -dbgsym packages).
 >
> So you should check whether -g is passed and if not fix it (it also
> implies that the package doesn't respect dpkg-buildflags), and if it is
> scan its build system and check for stripping (which could also happen
> if `install -s` is used, be aware).

I checked the d/r files in vtk6 and insighttoolkit packages, which also
use CMake and it seems that I am doing similar things. There is no -g
flags in the three d/r files.
They also all use a specific build directory (which I first thought was
the problem with the camitk package).

I just tried the two following in d/r thing but to no avail:
- removing -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=None flag (it is not present in the
insighttoolkit d/r)
- adding "export DEB_CFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND  = -g" at the top of d/r

Do you have any other idea?

>> Can anyone help me with that? Or should I add overrides for the
>> corresponding packages?
>
> lintian overrides are not a solution.  At least, in nearly all cases I
> came across, overrides were used mostly only as a mean to hide issues.

I understand. There is one lintian-overrides for libcamitk4, I hope it
fall in the exception cases...

Kind regards,
Emmanuel