[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Tue Oct 4 10:30:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 12:11:34PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> As you probably noticed, I completely messed up the pristine-tar branch by
> doing the commit as root, push them to origin and then unsuccesfully tried
> to amend the user name and email (where I messed up the git repository even
> more).
> Hope this will not be a problem in the future.
> Sorry about that!
> My git experience is very poor...

heh, nevermind it :)
for the future: you could have just removed the commit before pushing
(but you had to notice it beforehand) by
    git checkout pristine-tar
    git reset --hard origin/pristine-tar
that would have removed all commits you had (and discarded the changes)
until the branch is in the same state as on the "origin" remote.

(Though it makes me wonder if you do development work as root?!)

> In fact, I just figured out that it might come from the CMake tweaking (as
> all the other packages that were based on CMake did not have this error)...
> and I found the culprit! The CXX flags were overwritten in the top-level
> CMakeLists.txt, so no flags were given to the compiler.
> I commited the change and add the corresponding debian/patches.

great!

Things on it:
* usually patches are not applied in master; there is one git workflow
  where they are, and I know of very few people happy with that.
  Patches applied in master also means that in the case you want to
  update a patch as it's stored in debina/patches/ it'll be quite a
  quest (unless you use git-dpm, that workflow I was talking about).
  Usually patches in git are stored only as simple patches in d/patches
  and dealt directly with quilt (as I do), or by `gbp pq`; the 2 tools
  are quite compatible each other, so the usage of bare quilt by a
  person doesn't prevent another one to use gbp pq (except that some
  headers would get mangled, but the patch itself would just work).
  Probably you can't notice the difficulty now as you have only one very
  simple patch there.
* you added a Bug-Debian field on that patch, pointing to a bug that has
  nothing to do with the patch itself.
* please also consider adding an Author field on the patch

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :