[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Tue Oct 4 14:55:41 UTC 2016

> Well, the "renaming the -dev" business is fine indeed, that's just
> perfect. There are no reverse-depends within debian, right?

Thank you for the review.
There are two reverse-depends: "apt-cache rdepends
libqtpropertybrowser4-dev" obviously gives "libcamitk4-dev" as a reverse
dependency, and "apt-cache rdepends  libcamitk4-dev" gives
"med-imaging-dev".
I check "med-imaging-dev", but I did not dare modify anything (knowing
my level of clumsiness...). It is a meta-package and seems to be based
on some script (I rather let Andreas check what to do).

> What I don't understand is why you added Breaks+Replaces also to
> libcamitk4, libcamitk4-data and libcamitk4-doc.  Those packages are
> very nicely co-installable with their respective v3 binaries;
> actually the fact that the libraries (fist package) is coinstallable
> is a feature, and when this is not possible the release team is
> unhappy (as the transition won't be as smooth as it could).  This is
> currently not possible indeed, and also causes issue as #836990 which
> you're trying to fix.  Well, I belive the best solution to that issue
> is to move that file in a different binary package, together with the
> manpage and the icon.  Then the library package can also be marked
> Multi-Arch:same, even.

I probably added the Breaks+Replace a bit too generously. My initial
idea was that someone who had installed the libcamitk3-dev will end up
after an upgrade with libcamitk-dev which means and might not need the
libcamitk3 anymore (as libcamitk4 will be installed). But I am not sure
I understood correctly...

> Why is camitk-config in the library package at all?  (note that I
> don't even know what it does!)

camitk-config is a simple application that check the paths and installed
plugins. It is required for development but also for diagnostic and test.

Thanks again. Let me know if this is correct :
- add a new camitk-config package that just have the camitk-config
binaries, man pages and icon.
- add a Depends:camitk-config to package libcamitk-dev
- remove the Breaks+Replace for libcamitk4, libcamitk4-data and
libcamitk4-doc
- add "Multi-Arch: same" to libcamitk4

Does it make sense?
Would that be ok during upgrade to stretch?

>> Here is the git line to review the d/control changes (to make
>> amends for commiting multiple change in one go!): git diff
>> HEAD:debian/control debian/4.0.0_beta-2:debian/control
>
> I think you meant the reverse, as that gives me the reverse diff.
> Though I find `git diff debian/4.0.0_beta-2..HEAD -- debian/control`
> nicer to type and read ;)  ("HEAD" can even be omitted in that
> command)

Yes! Thank you again for your comment and sorry for the reverse diff...

Mahnu