[Debian-med-packaging] C++ help needed (Was: FYI: New Abyss 2.0 contains undistributable components)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Oct 8 08:48:51 UTC 2016

Hi Gert,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 09:34:08AM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
> On 07.10.2016 15:02, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Gert,
> >
> > ich setze noch eine Hoffnung auf Dich - ansonsten frage ich mal bei
> > debian-mentors ...
>
> The first thing is of course that the package uses an embedded google
> test version, the alternative is in libgtest-dev..

Would you recommend to drop the code copy and if yes, what is needed to
use libgtest-dev?  I remember its not just a drop in thing ...
I would definitely prefer to leave out any duplicated code.

> Then they write that gtest may automagically pick a possible internal
> implementation of gtest by itself. One can force it to not  do this by
> defining
>
>   -DGTEST_USE_OWN_TR1_TUPLE=0
>
> Since g++6 in c++14 mode provides the std::tuple this should be an
> option.
>
> I tested it by adding the flag in the generated make file and it works,
> but I also pushed a change to d/rules that adds this flag. Testing now
> the full build.

In your other mail you confirmed that this builds.  I'll care for the
remaining issues with the docs.

Thanks a lot for your help