[Debian-med-packaging] orthanc-gdcm_1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Sébastien Jodogne s.jodogne at orthanc-labs.com
Wed Jul 22 10:50:12 BST 2020

Hi Andreas and Thorsten,

The long promised "complex upstream work" has been done in the context
of the Orthanc 1.7.2 release, that was published two weeks ago.

The Orthanc source distribution now allows to build a shared library
called the "Orthanc framework" whose purpose is to share code between
all the official Orthanc plugins.

I have packaged the "Orthanc framework" library in the 1.7.2+dfsg-2
version of the Debian package [1]. Evidently, my upload to unstable was
rejected between two new binary subpackages had to be introduced in the
process [2].

May I kindly ask you to review and hopefully accept these two new
subpackages? This is quite important to the Orthanc project, as this
blocks any future upgrade in Debian.

As soon as the "liborthancframework-dev" and "liborthancframework1"
subpackages get accepted, I'll be able to simplify the packages of all
the Orthanc plugins, and I'll be able to propose a refactored version of
the "orthanc-gdcm" package.

I thank you much in advance!

Sincerely,
Sébastien-