[Debian-olpc-devel] Power Management of the OLPC in Debian

Frederick Blasdel blasdelf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 16:54:10 UTC 2008

Have any of you gotten any power management working in Debian on your
OLPC?

I've done some sourcediving into stuff published @ http://dev.laptop.org/git
  — but just having the source available doesn't make the design any
less opaque!

I'm using kernels built from their git tree, and "echo -n mem > /sys/
power/state" works, but will corrupt the partition table of the sd
card (and potentially it's filesystems) which is really obnoxious when
you're booted from it :(

I haven't gotten uswsusp working, but haven't tried older swsusp stuff
yet. Have you?

A laptop without power management is pretty infuriating. Even just
having vanilla linux suspend would be a massive improvement.

— Fred