[Debian-olpc-devel] inactive OLPC team

Hero_xbd!.RRR heroxbd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:37:47 UTC 2008

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I am very happy to learn that the OLPC team is active in _any_ area, not
> only Sugar packaging.
>
> Please advertise activities to this mailinglist to make all our
> activities more visible to ourselves and to the world.

Well I am working on porting pyCAS to Sugar. But the progress is very
small, I haven't spent too much time on it yet.

But I am using standard Debian system in B4, reporting bugs whenever
encountered.

Suggestions: OLPC have no external VGA/DVI interface. So presenting
using OLPC needs VNC or similar. But VNC is for "remote control", and is
not well suited.
Maybe we can fire up a project doing "reverse VNC" or "Vritual video
card", to make a server daemon the can serve OLPC(sure other clients) to
remote display, transparently.

--
续本达
Xu, Benda

Academic Talent Program on
Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://thirsty.phys.tsinghua.edu.cn/MyWiki/heroxbd