[Debian-olpc-devel] packaging for Sugar

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jul 27 20:17:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 20:02 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> [sent again, to the list this time]
>
> Hi David,
>
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:29:19PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
>
> >1.  Would it be possible to push your danish translations into the the
> >OLPC pottle system at https://dev.laptop.org/translate/ . If not, why?
> >The translators are pretty swamped right now but we could do some
> >infrastructure work for the next release.
>
> Sure.  Any help with that is much appreciated.
>
> I tried register with that Pootle server but could not figure it out (I
> believe I did create an account but was unable to register/request a new
> namespace for the danish localization.  At the laptop.org wiki I believe
> I found some description of western languages - apart from the
> developers' languages english and german - being discouraged.
>
> At the end I just gave up and maintained my localizations locally with
> the packages.

Jonas,

I have done the required administrative work to set up a Danish
translation team on the OLPC pootle server.  I will ping you back when I
hear more.  The registration of non-deployment was discouraged because
pootle was not scaling as well as hoped.  Our admins are working with
oo.org and mozilla to help the scaling situation.

I'll start working on pushing the patches next.

Thanks