[Debian-olpc-devel] packaging for Sugar

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jul 27 20:49:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 20:32 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> My plan is to first get my various CDBS customizations, currently stored
> in debian/cdbs of each package, incorporated into main CDBS.
>
> Then I will look into writing debhelper plugins to do similar tasks,
> ideally making CDBS irrelevant.
>
> In other words, I do not expect to drop CDBS in the near future.

Do you have a time frame in mind for pushing your changes into the main
CDBS?  I am concerned about the number of lines in the .diff.  As
packages flow downstream they tend to grow like snowballs;(  The effort
required to merge and sync packages from upstream growth with the square
of the number of lines.

This point is not meant as an attack.   I don't have enough knowledge
about the Debian packaging process to understand the issues at hand.

thanks
dfarning