[Debian-olpc-devel] 'rainbow' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Aug 28 21:29:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 04:04:45PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:27, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>
>> I prefer a certain packaging style (git+cdbs) and I personally will
>> want to stay with that packaging style also for the packages that I
>> with you or others on maintaining.
>

>Understood. So far I've had some difficulty working with CDBS in this
>*particular* package, despite using it successfully in other packages.
>I'll continue to work on that.

If you want help, then just say so: I should know cdbs as I develop it!

If you want to continue working on your own then feel free to do so - my
help is just a friendly offer :-)

>On an unrelated note, I have (using git-buildpackage) built some DEBs
>which, while using debhelper as opposed to dh+cdbs, actually work. (as
>opposed to the binaries currently at mentors which decidedly do not)
>
>Unfortunately they lack man pages. Would it be better to write man
>pages and get CDBS working than to upload to git and request that you
>(or somebody) upload to incoming and add the man pages in later?

I fail to understand what man pages have to do with this.

As I see it, the main question is whether you want to 1) work together
with me using my packaging style or 2) want to work on your own and find
someone (else than me!) to sponsor that work.

(the third option of working with other OLPC Team members than me is
really just theoretical until any of them becomes active)

Kind regards,

  - Jonas