[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar on Debian Lenny

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Sun Jan 11 16:17:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 03:25:40PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I honestly don't know.
OK. Might give it a try if we agree on when to do it.

> The fundamental intent of a "freeze" is to only let things through
> that is explicitly wanted for next stable release, and the intent of a
> "deep freeze" is to not let anything but the absolute minimal through.
Well, if sugar is plain broken as of the versions currently in lenny,
I'd considered that either to be part of "absolute minimal" or a reason
for total removal from lenny. As you might guess, I'd like the former
solution much better. :)
BTW (OT): Do you know of any tool simplifying backporting of packages?
I.e. fetching a source package from testing, installing the build
dependencies (possibly recursively backporting after asking the user for
agreement), building and installing the package.

> Anyway, join the OLPC Alioth group and you _are_ the maintainer.
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, I'm already allocating more time to
this than I can afford with good conscience. But feel free to ask again
in a year (should've finished my diploma thesis by then). :)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/