[Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:18:18 UTC 2009

I am just back on line since meeting Petter in Bergen. I've love to
help get a bigger team helping with the Debian packaging and I am more
willing to be the guinea pig from the Sugar Activity developer
perspective. I will document the steps so that it is easier for the
next package.

A couple of comments re Turtle Art:

* I've only just begun work on making it run stand-alone from Sugar.
I'll continue to refine things over the next week or two. The only
version that will work at all right now is v46. I have pushed a few
additional patches since that release, but it is the last one that I
have packaged as an xo bundle and tar ball.

* Turtle Art Portfolio, which Ed referred to is an experimental
branch, but not worthwhile packaging. I pull from it into the mainline
Turtle Art, which has the portfolio features integrated.

I'll be back on line this evening when I will have a chance to review
the documents that Jonas has send.

regards.

-walter

--