[Debian-olpc-devel] python-xklavier -- Python bindings for libxklavier

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Sat Apr 17 17:32:31 UTC 2010

Jonas,

On 04/16/2010 02:40 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>  a) Backport CDBS as well
>  b) include all(!) cdbs snippets with package

We'll just backport CDBS.

> I would also separate licenses as separate sections at the bottom, even
> if only used in a single file section, as it IMO improves readability.

Done.

> I noticed you commited a bunch of changes together.  Most ideal for
> others to review is if you commit each change as a separate commit.  But
> I get lazy too and commit multiple changes together.  One thing I do
> recommend, though, is to not commit auto-generated stuff together with
> hand-edited changes.  That makes it easier to later revert a change or
> cherrry-pick across branches.
>
> The files debian/control (when using debian/control.in),
> debian/changelog (when using "git dch") and debian/copyright_hints are
> sometimes auto-generated and should IMO always be commited separately
> from other commits.

Sorry. I've been working on not making such mistakes, but I occasionally
make them still :)

>> Anything else that needs fixing?
>
> The binary package has an empty Conflicts: line.

Fixed in 9332f1f.

> How is it - are you a DM or a DD now? Can you release the package on
> your own officially for Debian or would you want me to do it?

I am currently a DM. I would appreciate you sponsoring the initial
upload. The DM-Upload-Allowed flag is set, so I would be able to conduct
subsequent uploads; if you feel this is unwarranted feel free to unset
the flag.

Aside: I wasn't sure whether I am ready to apply for DD. I maintain
several (6) packages and have worked with multiple sponsors, and in
total my packages have a popcon count of about 170. My packages are all
bug free (according to BTS), and I attempt to respond to user concerns
in a prompt manner.

Should I apply at this time?

On 04/16/2010 02:52 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Oh, actually there is one other thing: I recommend adding
> debian/gbp.conf similar to e.g. sugar packages (without bzip2 hint if
> this project releases tarballs only as gzip), and import sources
> including pristine-tar option.

Fixed in dad14b6.

On 04/17/2010 08:21 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> ...and there might be another (noticed but didn't double-check):
> build-dependency on libxklavier-dev should probably be tightened to
> match newest upstream reuirement.

Fixed in 6153b03.

Done.

- --