[Debian-olpc-devel] ITP: bitfrost -- Python library for BIOS security on the OLPC XO laptop

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sun Apr 25 13:43:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 03:14:24PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>Other than those minor issues, your packaging looks fine :-)

I was a bit too fast: There is yet another couple of issues:

  * You should double-check the need for Python-related package
    relationship hints, e.g. Python-Depends (which requires
    close-reading the actual code for dependencies).  One
    particular runtime dependency I discovered was rsync.

  * Included code should not use explicitly versioned Python binary
    (as is the case with at least bitfrost/util/json.py) and not use
    env either (as is the case with at least bitfrost/leases/core.py).
    I believe (but please souble-check) that if used as scripts then
    plain /usr/bin/python should be used and if used only as modules
    then hashbang line can (and should?) instead be stripped.
    In the rules file of the moin package I have a coupple of
    one-liners to handle this kind of issue, which you might want to
    reuse.

  - Jonas