[Debian-olpc-devel] debxo 0.5 to squeeze, keyboard and touchpad loss

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Apr 26 05:28:54 UTC 2010

Hi James,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:14:03AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

>Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this one ... and how to fix
>it?
>
>Problem: keyboard and touchpad do not work after boot, although
>brightness keys work, and power button responds with GNOME dialog.
>
>Leading up to this; it's an XO-1, installed debxo gnome 0.5, changed
>sources.list to cover squeeze, dist-upgrade, declined udev 'cause it
>said the kernel was incompatible.  Rebooted.

debxo is a separate distribution based on Debian.

Squeeze is a development branch of Debian, always in flux.

Sorry, I do not use debxo, but highly suspect that your problems stems
from mixing different brances - and even branches from different
distributions.

Generally it is most effective to contact the specific distribution
rather than its roots - especially with issues like this which seems
distribution-specific.  You are not all wrong in asking here, but I do
not recall having heard from the developers of debxo at this list so am
unsure if they are even subscribed here.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas