[Debian-olpc-devel] Sponsorship / review request (multiple activities)

Ankur Khurana ankur at seeta.in
Tue Aug 3 17:55:48 UTC 2010

> In debian/copyright I prefer to always put license sections at the bottom.
>  This is in my interpretation mandatory when reusing a License, but even
> when only used once I find nicer to be able to skim through files sections
> separately from License sections.  I tend to sort the License sections with
> the most popular (in that specific package) license first (i.e. at the top
> of the bottom, if you know what I mean).

But is there any order we should specifically use to order license section.I
did the same thing you said here but for the order you mentioned.I picked
them in the order they appeared in my copyright file.So any hints here?

> Copyright holders need not be comma-separated - so I suggest stripping the
> few stray trailing commas.

but between year and copyright holder we add comma , just confirming this.

> Copyright holders also need not include a copyright sign "©" (as I
> understand it, US laws require _either_ the explicit word "copyright" _or_
> the copyright sign, so for simplicity I suggest consistently dropping it.
>

> There should be no need to remove COPYING files from binary packages: the
> CDBS snippet python-sugar.mk replaces those with a symlink if truly fully
> identical to the Debian-shipped file.

I was confused here , are you referring to lintian warnings that we tried to
remove by adding in install rule? or i am mistaken?

Regards,
Ankur