[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar-etoys-activity : depend being non-free

Ankur Khurana ankur at seeta.in
Thu Aug 5 04:31:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Ankur -- about the non-free thing, this is documented in the Debian Policy.
> You need to modify debian/control -- see
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Section. That section points to
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-subsections .

well i went through the links you provided , and some search of my own.Now
it seems that the non free packages are not considered to be part of main
distribution of Debian.There were section mentioned of main in the links
given above but i believe that they are irrelevant now as Etoys is in
non-free domain. Please pardon my ignorance but i was still at loss that
what should be mentioned in section field.Shall i just mention contrib ? or
is there any other norm.i searched but there were no definitive conclusion
that i could arrive upon.
Thanks for your help :)

Regards,
Ankur