[Debian-olpc-devel] Squeeze freeze (was: Re: Bits from the (chilly) release team)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Aug 7 00:58:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 05:11:07PM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>Excerpts from Neil McGovern's message of Fri Aug 06 15:44:18 +0200 2010:
>
>>      _==_ _
>>    _,(",)|_|    *** Frosty says Squeeze is FROZEN. ***
>>     \/. \-|     (He's in Austrailia, as it's winter there -
>>   __( :  )|___  that's what the shovel is for, sandcastles)
>
>Looks like Sugar 0.88 is going to stay with us for a while. A pitty
>most of the recent work on activities won't make it in... OTOH we now
>have lots of time to polish them for the next release. ;)

Yeah.

I do not have experiences with it, but I believe it might be possible
also to include new packages in a stable point release.

So let's simply continue steadily packaging stable parts to unstable and
unstable parts to experimental, and let both Debian and derivatives
consume when appropriate for each policy/schedule.

  - Jonas