[Debian-olpc-devel] Sponsorship / review request (multiple activities)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Aug 7 14:27:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 06:02:40PM +0530, Ankur Khurana wrote:

>> If lintian warns about superfluous licenses files, it might be right,
>> and we'd better discuss here before silencing them.
>>
>Well, despite it being in CDBS snippets , it was still giving lintian
>warnings in my packages , as discussed some time back in list .So
>regarding whether to add that rule or not , I need your guidance.I used
>the same build rule as in sugar-physics-activity.

As Luke pointed out in Real Life here at Debconf, this might be due to
the COPYING file *not* being identical to the one below
/usr/share/common-licenses/.

I would suggest to check if that is the case here - e.g. using "diff".

If it really is the case, then it depends on the nature of the changes
what should be done about it.

If not, we need to investigate further what is going on.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas