[Debian-olpc-devel] include both specifics and general info in reviews

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Aug 9 23:09:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

>From: *Ankur Khurana* <ankur at seeta.in <mailto:ankur at seeta.in>>

>Review of activity based on commit:on initial commit:
>1.There is no pristine branch.When pushing use --all after git push and
>before the address to be pushed.I have updated the google doc, please
>take a look at it as well.
[...and some more comments, snippet here]

The points reaised in the review are all good.

I do suggest, however, to try include more "source" too.

I mean, in addition to describing what specifically needs changed, also
mention why, more generally. Either elaborate on reasoning in your own
words or refer to some URL for more info.

That way the reviews encourage learning in the art of packaging rather
than just adding to a big pile of seemingly independent pieces to
memorize.

My reviews tend include too little specific details. Others, including
the above quoted, in my opinion includes too little background info.
Ideally they should contain both, I believe: specific details *and*
(references to) background info. :-)

  - Jonas