[Debian-olpc-devel] maintaining squeak and friends

David Farning dfarning at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 26 13:42:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 08:07:50PM -0600, dfarning at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Jonas, I thought that I saw a bug report where you were offering to take
>> over maintenance squeak and friends.
>
> Yes, that's right.
>
> A way to locate such bugreports is like this:
>
>  1. Go to http://bugs.debian.org/ (redirects to actual page)
>  2. Choose bugs "with mail from" and apply "dr at jones.dk"
>  3. Execute search

Thanks for the tip.

> At 2. you could also limit to bugs containing "squeak" but that might fail,
> as in fact the bug was about etoys (if I recall correctly).  Instead I would
> skim or search (using "/" in Iceweasel/Firefox) the output for relevant
> entries.
>

> I could use some help prioritizing tasks, or simply collecting as a list the
> many tasks that needs done (and which some of them I have already raised my
> voice about intention to do).
>
> Sure, I could also need help _doing_ those tasks, but lacking that it would
> help me get the most out of my limited time if someone would collect on a
> wiki.debian.org page the pending tasks and advertise that list on this
> mailinglist.

Ok, I will start a prioritized task status/todo page linked from
http://wiki.debian.org/Sugar .  A way to contribute back.  A little
longer term I was planing on helping you by updating existing and
creating new packages for some to the activities.  Most of the other
stuff that is not completed in Debian looks rather daunting.