[Debian-olpc-devel] List of tasks to be done (was: Re: maintaining squeak and friends)

Siegfried-A. Gevatter siggi.gevatter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:31:42 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
>> # Space-delimited list of supported branches, lowest listed first
>> # (comment out if all current branches are supported)

Yeah, I had seen that. What I meant is that I didn't know what it's
actually used for.

> Some activities target only a single Sugar environment (either only latest&greatest Sugar or multiple concurrent development tracks targeting one (or more) Sugar branches each), while others are coded to adapt to multiple Sugar environments.
>  [...] to be certain you really need to test against the actual system that the code works

So you're using a virtual machine (or whatever) to test for every
Sugar version? Since two versions can't be installed at the same
time...

> pristine-tar is an additional branch containing binary chunks which, when combined with the content of the upstream branch can reproduce a compressed tarball which is binary identical to the origian - a so-called "pristine" tarball.  Read the man page of pristine-tar for more info.

Oh, neat. Thanks for the explanation.

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3