[Debian-olpc-devel] Review of sugar-flipsticks-activity

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Thu Jul 8 04:02:21 UTC 2010

Dipankar,

Review based off commit 30cad08cfca630a26e2d05811289983cc92093ea.

Overall, very good. I had a few comments and things that need fixing,
which are mentioned below. Minor items I fixed myself, others you will
need to fix manually and push up to git.debian.org.

Always run the clean rule "fakeroot debian/rules clean" before commit to
ensure that no autogenerated files (other than control, of course) are
included. I ran the rule and it removed a number of files in debian/.

There were some wording issues in the package description, which is
fine. I updated the description and committed the changes.

What follows are a list of items I found but did not correct. Please do
so and commit each fix you implement separately.

 * debian/control:
   - description lines should be wrapped at 72 characters.
   - Add ${misc:Depends} to "Depends" of the binary package
 * debian/copyright:
    - should not include template text:
        > /* REMOVE THIS NOTICE WHEN YOU BUILD THE PACKAGE
        > Below should contain the Copyright and license of the files
included in this package. See http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ for more
details. What follows is an example. CHANGE IT FOR THE SPECIFIC SOFTWARE
YOU ARE BUILDING.
        > */
   - include © and the year for all copyright owners.
   - license and copyright of ./montage.py is not mentioned
 * debian/docs: include lesson plans in documentation¹
 * debian/rules:
   - remove redundant copy of COPYING in package after build²

¹: debian/docs tells debhelper to install all the paths listed in the
file into the packages' documentation folder,
/usr/share/doc/PACKAGE_NAME/. See
<http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dother.en.html#s-docs> for
more information on how to do this.

²: You probably want to rm it in a "install/sugar-flipsticks-activity::"
section. See
<http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/cdbs-doc.html#id2542963> for more
info.

Thanks,