[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jul 27 23:53:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:09:32PM +0530, Ankur Khurana wrote:
> well i tried the method of removing executing bits and it worked.
> well after some guidance from Luke , i added the following under install rule
> in debian/rules,
>
> find debian/sugar-irc-activity/usr/share/sugar/activities/IRC.activity/purk/
> scripts/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod a-x

Yes, that would do it.  Large hammer for small nail.  However you could
also restrict your chmod to only the affected files, and do it to the
files prior to install.  Remind me where your debian/rules file is
stored (git somewhere, if I recall correctly), and I can have a look.

Also, have you reported it upstream and have they acknowledged?

> it did removed warning , but in anycase it seems that this was not to
> be used , please tell me.

I'm unsure of your meaning.  I don't know if these files need to be +x,
but my meagre research suggests not.  You should do functional test on
the package to make sure you can connect to an IRC server and have a
conversation.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/