[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

Ankur Khurana ankur at seeta.in
Wed Jul 28 11:48:49 UTC 2010

Hi,
thanks and it seemed that i indeed used a bigger measure than required :).
now i removed that rule from install and what i did was to remove the
execute bits from the the affected files in the package prior to building of
package.The lintian warning is not there and i have tested the package , it
seems to be working fine. I haven't reported the issue to upstream as i was
not sure of my stand . Will report the issue today.

following is the link to rules file in git repo :
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/sugar-irc-activity.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=4cdf3c612136a23a3fae588fa9ebe69af9d61d15;hb=HEAD

(but i have removed the previous change i mentioned)

Also please tell whether i have done the same thing you wanted to convey or
else please mention so that i can rectify.will be happy to learn from
mistakes :).

Regards,
Ankur