[Debian-olpc-devel] lintian warning: sugar-irc-activity

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Wed Jul 28 12:11:50 UTC 2010

Hi Ankur, and other,

NB!  Please, pretty please do add commit messages each and every time
you edit wiki pages.

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 05:18:49PM +0530, Ankur Khurana wrote:
>now i removed that rule from install and what i did was to remove the
>execute bits from the the affected files in the package prior to
>building of package.The lintian warning is not there and i have tested
>the package , it seems to be working fine.

Please check if those execute bits are set in the upstream tarball.  If
they are, you need to disable them in a build rule, as that manual step
of yours oterwise needs to be repeated ach time building from freshly
unpacked source tarball - which won't happen on Debian autobuild
daemons.

>I haven't reported the issue to upstream as i was not sure of my stand
>. Will report the issue today.

Good.

NB!  Please, pretty please do add commit messages each and every time
you edit wiki pages.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas