[Debian-olpc-devel] Working with git and alioth

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jun 30 19:13:33 UTC 2010

Hi Kandarp,

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 12:14:50AM +0530, Kandarp Kaushik wrote:
>I've installed sugar-emulator-0.88.1-1 on Debian ( Debian GNU/Linux
>unstable (sid) ), and am facing a problem with Sugar.
>
>After changing/setting various preferences under My Settings, and
>selecting Restart now causes the sugar-emulator to crash or logs me
>out when running sugar session.
>( The values do get modified though. )
>
>Please let me know if this issue can be fixed.

Perhaps this is simply a misunderstanding (likely caused by Sugarlabs
actively promoting Sugar as a "system"): What you really "restart" is
not the whole computer but the X11 session which sugar-session provides.

If you feel that this is not a misunderstanding but a bug (or a request
for improvement), then please file a bugreport about it.

The Debian bug tracker is email-based, and when you file a bugreport
against a package maintained in this team, a copy of all bugtracker
emails goes to this list as well.  That way we can *both* allow others
to follow that single issue while at the same time discuss it at this
same list.  Just make sure to respond via the bug rather than directly
to the list when replying to bugreport mails.

If you are new to filing Debian bugreports, then I recommend you install
the Debian package "reportbug" and use the commandline tool of the same
name - it guides you through, if only you have properly configured email
handling on your system.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas