[Debian-olpc-devel] Sugar 0.88

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-debian-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Wed Mar 31 23:13:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 09:31:16PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I believe you should register all files part of your project with the
> autotools mechanisms, so that the output "make dist" is identical to
> the  content of the Git - except for .gitignore files and the .git
> dir.
Is there anything except autogen.sh that you're still missing (and
that's not just some ancient cruft like
sugar/docs/{controls,design}.txt)?

> For that particular file I actually recommend _against_ distributing
> it  but instead drop it from Git too, and educate the developers to
> use the  autotools "autoreconf" tool instead of shipping a script for
> same  purpose.
autogen.sh does more than just autoreconf. auto* is enough black magic
that I wouldn't risk removing the file (and I guess the other developers
don't have much more auto* knowledge). I'd rather replace it with
something else, but that's not going to get accepted unless "some
deployment is asking for it", so I won't even try.

["broken" gconf defaults file]
> If you can reproduce the problem in "plain" (i.e. non-chroot'ed)
> environment then please file a bugreport!
It happened _only_ on the "real" / "plain" installation, not inside the
chroot.

>> <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named xpcom.server
>> Obtaining the module object from Python failed.
> Please file a bugreport about it.
Done.

CU Sascha

--