[Debian-olpc-devel] Jessie Sugar-0.104 packages

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Apr 9 17:35:56 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

> I tested the latest unofficial Jessie packages for Sugar 0.104.1 using
> Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) and I noticed that even though
> sugar-session-0.104 is properly installed, much of the dependencies
> installed by consequence are still using older versions of newer
> modules, such as sugar-datastore (python-carquinyol) which causes the
> Journal to hang.
>
> I supposed this must be related to the dependencies declarations in
> sugar-session-0.104 package, but I have no yet replicated these tests
> with a pure Debian installation.

Thanks for testing - that is very helpful!

Try again now: Package relations have had quite a few fixes the past few
days.

When you run into issues, please try mention exact package versions (at
least for a few of the packages - I know, there are _many_ involved).

I am happy that it works for you, but must say that the scope of the
packaging is Debian, not derived distributions like Ubuntu.  I currently
officially release 0.98 and 0.104 packages to Sid or experimental, and
also make available those packages and i386+amd64 backports for Sid,
Jessie and Wheezy at debian.jones.dk, with either of these APT lines:

Loose backports of what will officially become Jessie (0.98 and older):

  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ sid sugar
  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ jessie sugar
  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ wheezy sugar

Backports of what will officially become Stretch (0.98+0.104 for now):

  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ sid sugar_
  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ jessie sugar_
  deb http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/ wheezy sugar_

 - Jonas