Sponsoring Imview

Charles Plessy charles-listes+science-maintaiers at plessy.org
Mon Aug 18 01:19:19 UTC 2008

Le Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:25:29PM +0200, Teemu Ikonen a écrit :
> Indeed you're right. I made a separate branch of the patch in the git
> repository using TopGit, which seems to be all the rage now for
> git-based patch managing. The package generated after this change in
> git is identical to the previous one, so feel free to upload the
> package in the URL above.

Hi Teemu,

I cloned you git repository, checked out the commit
10a2cab0f1452863bac8437f6527ac446acddfd2 (the last before you used
TopGit), and ran debuild. Although the debdiff is silent, I found many
differences between the two diffs. In addition, The package on Mentors
is signed with a key that I can not verify:

charles at aqwa:~/debian/sponsored$ LC_ALL=C gpg --verify imview_1.1.9c-2.dsc
gpg: Signature made Tue Aug  5 00:58:01 2008 JST using DSA key ID FF8F159E
gpg: requesting key FF8F159E from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpgkeys: key 17EA7399FF8F159E not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Can you confirm that the package on -mentors is the one meant to be
sponsored? Alternatively, can you tag '1.1.9c-2' a commit in your
repository, that I would use for the sponsoring?

By the way, debian/control indicates:
Vcs-Git: http://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/imview.git

but isn't the following more efficient?
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/imview.git

In any case, thank you for your exploration of TopGit! Please report us
when it is ready for mass use!

Have a nice day,

--
Charles