Migrating a svn directory to alioth

Manuel Prinz debian at pinguinkiste.de
Mon Aug 25 20:07:06 UTC 2008

Hi Sylvestre!

Am Montag, den 25.08.2008, 21:23 +0200 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> I would like to migrate some of my packages to debian-science (like
> Scilab, worldwind, sivp or libmatio). [...]
> However, I would like to keep the history.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to dump the history of a single
> directory ? (for example:
> http://bollin.googlecode.com/svn/libmatio/trunk )

Yes, "svadmin dump" is what you're looking for[0]. Too check those in it
requires direct access to the repo to do so, so you may have to ask the
Alioth admins to do the job for you.

HTH,
Manuel

[0] Not having used SVN for quite a while now, I remember the whole
procedure to be a little tricky. Maybe that changed until now. (Or my
memory is bad.)