About Debian Science Policy Manual

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Fri Aug 29 11:29:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Teemu Ikonen wrote:

> The packaging style demonstrated in Martin Krafft's presentation is
> nice (although a little branch-happy, e.g. why do we need a build
> branch?), but I would be against putting anything like this into
> policy for the simple reason that there are (AFAIK) no packages in
> debian-science that use it yet.

The reason why I do not convert my packages to git is that I just
need a step by step example how to do this.  I do not care whether
the document which contains this advise is called policy or may
be Debian Science packaging guide or whatever but I think
the clear reason, why we not have such packages is that people
just waited what to do ...

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--