[Debian-science-maintainers] Commit messages (Was: Re: First post)

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Tue May 27 07:59:04 UTC 2008

* email blocked in a spool ... *

> Nevertheless, I think that commits should go to a different mailing
> list, such as debian-science-commits. I thought of this list as a
> discussion list for maintainers and BTS tracking, and from my experience
> having commits on such a list as well just makes it unreadable. (For the
> few packages we have at the moment this might be OK but expect growth in
> the future.) What proved to work is a seperate list for commits with an
> (usually not recommended) overwritten Reply-To set to the maintainer
> list, so discussions of commits will be taken to the maintainers. I do
> not know if this is reasonable but it helps to keep the noise low for
> those who are not interested in every single change of a package.
Huhu, I was typing the same email. :p

It is also a question of the position of
debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org vs
debian-science at lists.debian.org

I see two options:
1) We only use debian-science-maintainers for maintainer questions
And use debian-science for more general science questions.
If so, yes, debian-science-commits will be necessary.

2) We use debian-science at lists.debian.org also for maintaining aspects.
If so, we can set the commit mails on debian-science-maintainers

I prefer the first solution, what is your opinion on this ?

Sylvestre