Astronomy Debian packages.

Francisco M. García Claramonte fgclaramonte at
Tue Feb 17 11:53:25 UTC 2009

Mi name is Francisco García, I am the maintainer of some astronomy
Debian packages (starplot, stardata-common, gliese, yale).

I am reviewing the science-astronomy package, and I realize that
the package has a suggest relationship with spacechart.
Unfortunatelly, spacechart was removed form Debian archive because
it depends on libgnome-1.4, and this library was removed too.
So, I think that spacechart suggestion must be removed.

On the other hand, I would like you to add a starplot [1] recomends
relationship, because I think it is a good astronomy program.
Is some reason why starplot isn't in dependency list?.

I would like that you take a look at stardata-common package [2],
this is framework to manage stardata catalogues (gliese and yale [3][4])
with starplot (and spacechart) program.
The gliese and yale packages are in non-free, because problems with

Please, I would like you review my seggestions, and let me know your
opinion about that.

Best regards,

Francisco M. García Claramonte <franciscomanuel.garcia at>
GPG: public key ID 556ABA51