Proj changes

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Tue Mar 10 16:50:52 UTC 2009

Hi folks

As some of you could already know by looking into the d-gis repository,
I did split proj into libproj0/libproj-dev/proj-bin packages to be more
coherent with usual conventions and reduce stuff installed into system
where development stuff and/or tools are not required. Of course I'll
leave around a dummy proj package for compatibility, but I would expect
all our rdepends changed build-deps in:

libproj-dev | proj

and proper explicit dependencies into

libproj0 | proj

or

libproj0 | proj, proj-bin

in prospective for squeeze. The proj inclusion is just there to simplify
backports, not required. The dummy proj package will be around until
squeeze+1, of course. All package maintainers should verify if proj
binary tools are _truly_ required or only suggested/recommended
and change their debian/control as consequence.

The new proj package (4.6.1-2) will be submitted to NEW queue ASAP.

List of interested packages:
----------------------------

ogdi-dfsg
grass
thuban
xastir
qlandkarte
mapserver
libgeotiff-dfsg
postgis
mapnik
pdl
gpx2shp
osm2pgsql

List of interested maintainers (but for DebianGis):

Debian Hams group <debian-hams at lists.debian.org> (xastir)
Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org> (science-geography)
Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li> (libmapnik0.5 libmapnik-dev)
Michael Hanke <michael.hanke at gmail.com> (qlandkarte)
Henning Glawe <glaweh at debian.org> (pdl)

Of course, those guys are receiving in CC this mail, so here we go.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine