New r-cran-* packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 18 12:59:15 UTC 2009

On 18 May 2009 at 10:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Sat, 16 May 2009, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > You are currently one or more releases behind on
|
| Thanks for the information - I probably have to update my QA settings to
| recieve uscan information.
|
| >    r-cran-colorspace
|
| I would like to take this occurance to discuss the policy of updating
| packages in cases like this:
|
|    Changes in Version 1.0-1
|
|    o "Escaping RGBland" paper is now published Computational
|      Statistics & Data Analysis as doi:10.1016/j.csda.2008.11.033.
|      Citation and references updated accordingly.
|
| I wonder whether this change of documentation in a package rectifies
| spending Debian resources on an update.  It is not that I would like
| to refuse working on this.  I just wonder whether we should do an
| upgrade in *any* case or just do it with a grain of salt after evaluating
| the sense of an upgrade.
|
| Note: I would like discuss this as a matter of principle, the updated package
| itself was just uploaded because it deserved some other changes.

"In principle" I think we are always in favour of uploading and not
second-guessing upstream.  There may always be exceptions but I don't see if
we really need them for these tiny packages.

| >    r-cran-plotrix
|
| Done.
|
| >    r-cran-sp
|
| Done.
|
| >    r-cran-cvd
|
| s/cvd/vcd/
| Done.
|
| >    r-cran-xtable
|
| Done.
|
| > Given you quick it is to update these, could someone please step up and do
| > it?
|
| Yes.  ;-)
|
| Thanks for the reminder

Pleasure. I think I missed one more further down your QA aggregation page.
Could you check, and/or let uscan do it for you?

Thanks, Dirk