[Debian-med-packaging] R 2.10.0 requires r-cran-* rebuilds

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Oct 22 04:24:59 UTC 2009

Le Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 09:26:48AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

>    This means we "should" rebuild all packages or else they will upon load
>    trigger a nagging message 'package foo was built under R version x.y.z and
>    may not function properly' as well as possible malfunctions of the help
>    system.  As we're only talking 100+ packages, this should work.

Hi Dirk,

Andreas and I are currently taking care of updating the Debian Med R packages,
starting first by the ones for which a new upstream release is available.
After this is done, I can give help to the Debian Science team, but my pace is
around two packages a day.

Have you considered asking the release team to do recompilations (binary NMU)
on the Arch: any packages that do not seem to need housekeeping work?

Have a nice day,

Charles