Compiler Optimization Flags Used in HPCC

Wong, Stephen Stephen.Wong at amd.com
Fri Aug 13 16:56:32 UTC 2010

Hi Lucas, all,

We are using the HPCC suite for internal evaluation, basically just doing due diligence to understand the binary (we'll build from source also).

You might be aware of the case where Intel compilers can produce binaries that are not optimal for AMD processors (it was discovered in a lawsuit). But mostly I'm just concerned with how it's built for internal reasons.

Steve