is using git a hard requirement for debian-science packages? (was: Re: Request to Join Project Debian Science)

Manuel Prinz manuel at debian.org
Tue Dec 7 09:03:57 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 07.12.2010, 09:38 +0100 schrieb Joost van Baal:
> Sylvestre wrote:
> > To me, the best VCS is the one you are the most familiar with!
> […]
> So: Should these four packages get imported in debian-science SVN?

I agree with Sylvestre here: If you feel more familiar with SVN you
should use it. We have quite a few SVN repos already. (It would be nice
to streamline that at some point but there are no immediate plans.)

The Policy is a little out-dated in that respect. I plan on updating it
after the release. Also, some things might have changed or can surely be
improved, so we should have some discussions about that. But not before
Squeeze is out of the door.

Anyway, thanks for you work and welcome to the team!

Best regards,
Manuel