dimbl_0.8-2_amd64.changes is NEW
Debian FTP Masters
ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org
Sat Feb 19 18:33:27 UTC 2011
(new) dimbl_0.8-2.diff.gz extra science
(new) dimbl_0.8-2.dsc extra science
(new) dimbl_0.8-2_amd64.deb extra science
Distributed Memory Based Learner
Dimbl is a wrapper around the k-nearest neighbor classifier in TiMBL, offering
parallel classification on multi-CPU machines. Dimbl splits the original
training set, builds separate TiMBL classifiers per training subset, and
merges their nearest-neighbor sets per classified instance
Dimbl's features are:
* Wraps neatly around TiMBL, retaining all command line options;
* Knows what to do with your multiple, duo, or quad cores;
* Makes use of the OpenMP specification for parallel programming;
* Can attain superlinear speed gains compared to standard TiMBL.
Dimbl is a product of the ILK Research Group (Tilburg University, The
If you do scientific research in Natural Language Processing using the
Memory-Based Learning technique, Dimbl will likely be of use to you.
Changes: dimbl (0.8-2) unstable; urgency=low
* debian/copyright: completed (info on some autoconf macro files was
missing). Thanks Charles Plessy in #607929.
* debian/control: enhance layout of extended description.
dimbl (0.8-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* copyright, control: CNTS was not involved in creating this software.
Thanks Antal van den Bosch.
dimbl (0.7-2) unstable; urgency=low
* First upload to Debian archive (Closes: #607929).
* No longer maintained at
https://svn.ilk.uvt.nl/svn/trunk/sources/dimbl/debian but at
debian-science project at Alioth.
* control: set maintainer to Debian Science Team, update Vcs- flags.
* control: enhance description.
* copyright: now in machine-readable format.
* docs, TODO, NEWS.Debian: remove unused files.
* control: Update from policy 3.8.0 to 3.9.1 (no changes needed).
* watch: added.
* control: do not build-depend upon timbl but on new libtimbl3-dev, add
libxml2-dev; remove unneeded explicit timbl (>= 6.3.1) from depends.
Override entries for your package:
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 607929
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
More information about the debian-science-maintainers