RFS: yade-0.60

Anton Gladky gladky.anton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:48:03 UTC 2011

Dear mentors of debian-science group,
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "yade-0.60".
* Package name    : yade-0.60
  Version         : 0.60-1
  Upstream Author : https://launchpad.net/~yade-dev
* URL             : https://launchpad.net/yade
* License         : GNU GPL v2
  Section         : x11
It builds these binary packages:
yade       - Platform for discrete element modeling.
yade-0.60  - Platform for discrete element modeling.
yade-0.60-dbg - Platform for discrete element modeling.
yade-0.60-doc - Platform for discrete element modeling.
yade-dbg   - Platform for discrete element modeling.
yade-doc   - Platform for discrete element modeling.

My motivation for maintaining this package is: I am one of developers
and users of this software. We would be glad to have it in Debian
repository.

Discrete element method is the numerical method of modelling a large
number of particles, their stresses and displacements. It can be used
as for granular material simulating as well as solid materials (rocks,
concrete etc.).

The YADE is mostly developed and used in universities and scientific
laboratories in France, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Russia...
Developers are PHD-students, Post-docs and scientists.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yade-0.60/yade-0.60_0.60-1.dsc

Kind regards
 Anton Gladky