gmsh and libscotchmetis

Andrea Palazzi palazziandrea at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 8 18:29:57 UTC 2011

Il giorno mer, 08/06/2011 alle 19.59 +0200, Anton Gladky ha scritto:
> Just a guess,
> maybe we can contact metis upstream with the question of relicensing
> it under distributable license?
>
> Anton

Hi,

I've contacted metis upstream to ask permission to place it on debian
mirrors, and also asked him to consider a different license: he agreed
to put the sources and binaries on debian mirrors, but didn't answer
about the relicensing; and since it wasn't the first time he was asked
for this, I'm guessing he's not interested in changing the license.

Anyway, if someone wants to try, it won't do any harm.

Bye
Andrea