[SCM] FreeCAD packaging branch, master, updated. debian/0.11.3729.dfsg-1-19-ga14e0d5

Bernhard R. Link brlink at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 12:14:23 UTC 2011

* Anton Gladky <gladky.anton at gmail.com> [110608 19:31]:
> I think it is better to use default options for building, if it is
> possible (CFLAGS in this case), no needs to change them.

There are default options for building. debian/rules is the primary
interface (as defined by policy), so it matters what flags that uses.

Not setting flags there is a bug. It might be a minor bug as most
people use dpkg-buildpackage which sets some flags to hide those
bugs for them, but it is still a bug.

Even worse those flags do not contain -Wall, so you most likely
will miss important warnings in the build logs (or have porters
less willing to help you fix bugs in your package).

Using the new dpkg-buildflags the debian/rules is not that
complicated, it's simply

CFLAGS := -Wall $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CFLAGS)
CXXFLAGS := -Wall $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CXXFLAGS)
CPPFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CPPFLAGS)
LDFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS)

and then giving

CFLAGS='$(CFLAGS)' CXXFLAGS='$(CXXFLAGS)' CPPFLAGS='$(CPPFLAGS)' LDFLAGS='$(LDFLAGS)'

to configure.  (You do not need CFLAGS if it is only C++
and no CXXFLAGS if it is only C)

	Bernhard R. Link