Sponsoring of Code Aster [Was: Re: Code aster changelog]

Andrea Palazzi palazziandrea at yahoo.it
Sat Jun 18 14:33:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've seen that the metis-edf has been accepted, that is a good news :)

For code-aster, I have still my issue when building with cowbuilder:
maybe it's caused by the bug #627540, that Cristophe has already fixed
in the repository; I've tried to force cowbuilder to use the new
code-aster-run (1.8.4-4) package, but without success, so I couldn't
test it.

For code-aster, I think that the best thing is to become a "sponsored
maintainer", that is to sign up on mentors.debian.net, then someone
(you?) will upload the packages to the debian archive.

For code-aster-run, who's the one that has to upload the new package? Is
that you again? Or Trophime? Or maybe I can upload it to
mentors.debian.net and then a sponsor will put it on the debian archive?

Let me know what you think is the best way to proceed.

Bye
Andrea