Sponsoring of Code Aster [Was: Re: Code aster changelog]

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Sat Jun 18 14:43:00 UTC 2011

Hello,

I received your previous email of yesterday but I have been quite busy.

Le samedi 18 juin 2011 à 16:33 +0200, Andrea Palazzi a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that the metis-edf has been accepted, that is a good news :)
Indeed.

> For code-aster, I have still my issue when building with cowbuilder:
> maybe it's caused by the bug #627540, that Cristophe has already fixed
> in the repository;
I haven't uploaded yet because of the lintian error:

E: code-aster-run: shell-script-fails-syntax-check
usr/lib/codeaster/asrun/data/mpirun_template
N:
N:    Running this shell script with the shell's -n option set fails,
which
N:    means that the script has syntax errors. The most common cause of
this
N:    problem is a script expecting /bin/sh to be bash checked on a
system
N:    using dash as /bin/sh.
N:
N:    Run e.g. sh -n yourscript to see the errors yourself.
N:
N:    Severity: important, Certainty: certain
N:
N: 2 tags overridden (1 error, 1 warning)

>  I've tried to force cowbuilder to use the new
> code-aster-run (1.8.4-4) package, but without success, so I couldn't
> test it.

> For code-aster, I think that the best thing is to become a "sponsored
> maintainer", that is to sign up on mentors.debian.net, then someone
> (you?) will upload the packages to the debian archive.
No, you don't need to go through mentor since I am ready to sponsor your packages.
There is no need to sign up to anything for this. Just commit into the
svn repository ;)

> For code-aster-run, who's the one that has to upload the new package? Is
> that you again? Or Trophime? Or maybe I can upload it to
> mentors.debian.net and then a sponsor will put it on the debian archive?
Usually, I am the one sponsoring Christophe (Trophime). I am ready to do
the same for you.

Sylvestre