Sponsoring of Code Aster [Was: Re: Code aster changelog]

Christophe Trophime christophe.trophime at lncmi.cnrs.fr
Sat Jun 18 15:06:10 UTC 2011

On Jun 18, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Andrea Palazzi wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 18/06/2011 alle 16.43 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru ha scritto:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I received your previous email of yesterday but I have been quite busy.
> Ok... since my mail to debian-science-maintainers were bounced, I though
> that maybe also you didn't receive it; anyway, it's good to have a copy
> on the list.
>
>>> For code-aster, I have still my issue when building with cowbuilder:
>>> maybe it's caused by the bug #627540, that Cristophe has already fixed
>>> in the repository;
>> I haven't uploaded yet because of the lintian error:
>>
>> E: code-aster-run: shell-script-fails-syntax-check
>> usr/lib/codeaster/asrun/data/mpirun_template
>> N:
>> N:    Running this shell script with the shell's -n option set fails,
>> which
>> N:    means that the script has syntax errors. The most common cause of
>> this
>> N:    problem is a script expecting /bin/sh to be bash checked on a
>> system
>> N:    using dash as /bin/sh.
>> N:
>> N:    Run e.g. sh -n yourscript to see the errors yourself.
>> N:
>> N:    Severity: important, Certainty: certain
>> N:
>> N: 2 tags overridden (1 error, 1 warning)
> This seems rather trivial to fix, if Christophe doesn't have time I'll
> fix it this evening, ok? I'll also double-check if other lintian errors
> arise.
>
> Bye
> Andrea

I don't rember exactly how it works
* Does aster replace%() variables in mpirun_template script at runtime
in which case we can safely lintian-override the error?

* Or do we have to replace %() by definitions found in /etc/codeaster/asrun?

I think that it is the first case. When running aster it fills %() according to /etc/codeaster/asrun
I 'll try to check that with codeaster upstream

Mathieu what is the right behaviour?