Gmsh git-repo

Anton Gladky gladky.anton at gmail.com
Mon May 9 19:48:20 UTC 2011

Hello, Christophe,
> I fail to see why git is so much better, unless I am mistaken you have
> to keep the  whole code in the git repo

No, you do not have to keep the whole code. It is possible to keep
only debian/-folder.

I think it is better to switch to git, because tagging is easier,
branching is more convenient, git is actively developed and many
projects are switching to it; allows to keep all tarballs of source
code with pristine-tar module,  git-buildpackage is a comfortable
tool; I guess web-interfaces of git [1] is much better, than svn [2];
git commands are similar to svn [3] and easy to understand.

I just propose to do it, as it seems to me more prospectively. If not
- no problem, I remove that repo.

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/gmsh.git
[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-science/packages/gmsh/trunk
[3] http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html