cctbx package

Radostan Riedel raybuntu at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:05:36 UTC 2012

Hi Fred,

I need to ask first before doing something.
I want to take care of the dispatcher scripts and also the current files in
cctbx-bin. I'm not entirely satisfied to put them into /usr/bin.
The current files in cctbx-bin doesn't have any function they are just
examples. The dispatcher scripts are mostly "useless" (see wiki).
My idea is to put all files into /usr/share/cctbx/bin as examples.
What kind of a package would that be then? Is there any entry in the Debian
Policy where this kind of packages are handled?

What is your opinion? Is this acceptable? I don't think it's a good idea to
cherry pick dispatcher scripts that might get useful and put them in /usr/bin.

regards
Radi